Lets Talk About Water Removal Equipment and Practices
Our Technicians are highly trained to employ the correct equipment and procedures to dry your home or business.
Water intrusion into a building can happen in many ways. Removing the water from the building fast is crucial after such an incident to restore normalcy and prevent secondary damages. The level of difficulty varies in each case of water removal depending on whether there are crawlspaces, stairwells, and basements, or whether the water reaches into wall cavities or HVAC systems.
The method chosen for water removal from affected properties depends on the amount of water and the types of surfaces. We train our SERVPRO crews with different removal procedures including;
- Wet vacuuming
- Absorption with towels and mops
Wet vacuuming requires an extractor with enough lift capacity. Truck-mounted extractors provide such lift when dealing with a vast area. Our SERVPRO technicians also use portable extractors to remove water localized in smaller spaces or when dealing with hard to reach areas. Wet vacuuming is suitable for all floor types. Our technicians use carpet wands for carpeted areas and squeegee wands for wooden or other hard floors to avoid damaging the surfaces.
Pumping helps remove water from the affected property. Pumping is perfect for eliminating high volumes of standing water before starting wet vacuuming. It is, therefore, appropriate for areas such as basements where considerable amounts of water accumulate. For better efficiency, our SERVPRO technicians use submersible pumps when standing water is more than 2 inches.
Some of the water that intrudes into the house might end up trapped in unusual areas such as the ceiling, HVAC duct lines, wall cavities, or within a concrete block. The best way to remove such water is by draining it because, in most cases, there is no access for tools to extract the water. Our SERVPRO technicians apply different methods to drain the water. For example, we can drill ¼-inch weep holes on a ceiling panel or concrete block to release the trapped water.
Fast and efficient removal of water from a building helps prevent severe damages. Call SERVPRO of West Orange at (407) 352-1569 to help. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Top Reasons for Using Your Local SERVPRO
SERVPRO of West Orange crews are ready to be on site quickly to help you!
Natural disasters can damage your home. It can lead a lot of stress. Hiring a home restoration service can handle problems. There are so many different types of natural disasters that affect this area and you need to hire for a restoration service such as SERVPRO of West Orange.
- FASTER WATER EXTRACTION
Professional Restoration Service Company extracts water fast because they handle professional equipment. With small team of water restoration experts, the water will be removed from your home on the same day. You won’t need a lot of time, effort and manpower.
- REMOVING HEALTH EFFECTS
A Restoration Service Company will not just repairing the damage to your house. Service restoration expert will take care of preventing mold and moisture that compromise your health. Hiring a professional company is going to be your best bet when dealing with mold. This is because they have the tools and knowledge to handle this problem. They are licensed to use chemical products which will extract the existing mold and moisture from your walls and floors.
- DRYING TIME CUT IN HALF
A major issue with water damage removal is a drying time. You might take several days or even weeks to properly dry your house if you choose to remove the water by yourself. A professional restoration service company will do this in a much less time because they have equipment and heaters that access even to the areas which cannot be easily reached.
- LOW TOTAL COST
Hiring a professional service company will lower total damage costs because their teams are highly responsive to emergency calls. They will be able to come even before a major damage occurs. They will react fast and solve the damage from spreading around your house.
- REDUCED RESTORATION COST
Aside from physical damage, water and fire can cause additional damage. If you do not have insurance, you will have to pay for the new furniture and structural repairing by yourself. Restoration services encompass removal, repair, restoration and remediation of damage; you won’t have to hire several different companies to repair the damage.
- SAVING TIME
A professional restoration service company should be highly responsive to calls; in order to prevent the further damage, they will act instantly. This won’t just save you time, but it will minimize the potential damage and reduce costs.
If you are searching for a professional service company that is reliable you can trust and can guarantee you highest quality work, contact SERVPRO of West Orange, a trusted leader in restoration industry, it provides services to ensure that your home is fully restored. Trusting SERVPRO of West Orange to do the job is having your family safe at home again.
If you have water damage anywhere in your home you can count on us to help. You can contact us at any hour of the day to learn more about our services or to report damages.
We clean up the water you don't see!
Unfortunately water damage affects many homes and businesses each day. It’s the water you don’t see that causes the most damage. Many people are quick to mitigate what they can see. Towels and shop vacs soak up the water on your floor but what about the water you can’t see? The water that your insulation and drywall have soaked up? Who cleans that up? Who can even find it?
SERVPRO of West Orange has a highly trained water remediation staff on hand to help you during your time of need. Our crews will be on site to locate trapped water-in your walls, ceilings, below flooring-no matter where it is and to dry out your home properly. Our crews use state-of-the-art equipment to monitor the drying progress and insure that your home is back to normal, “Like it never even happened”. Give us a call anytime at 407-352-1569.
Why SERVPRO of West Orange?
We know you have a choice when it comes to who will help you with your home or business after a water or fire damage. There are many reasons why SERVPRO of West Orange should be at the top of your list. Here are just a few.
- The team at SERVPRO of West Orange has been providing services to a large majority of Central Florida for over 35 years. That means you get the experience of a dedicated team who has many years of experience.
- We have a large warehouse full of equipment to help you! No matter how large or small the job is we will have the equipment necessary to take care of your job.
- Many of our team members have been with us for a long time. What’s a long time? Our GM has been with us nearly 30 years, with many others serving our customers for at least 10 years.
- Our staff is IICRC Certified. These certifications don’t stop with our production team. Many of our office staff are also certified through the IICRC with various certifications. This means that we have many different people who can help you deal with your loss and any questions you may have.
It is important to us that our community receives the best help available for any disaster. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We have a dedicated Customer Support Coordinator that will help to answer any questions you may have. You can reach our office at 407-352-1569 or you can reach Christen Albert, our Customer Support Coordinator at 407-947-1159.
Musings from a SERVPRO Employee
When most people think of SERVPRO they think of our big green trucks and the orange house logo. When I think of SERVPRO I think of a job that became a career, coworkers that became family. To me, SERVPRO became a brand that I love being a part of. My kids are proud of the work we do here. I’m sure you’re thinking “oh that’s wonderful, but why do I care?”
In my experience, when a person cares about the company they work for, they perform better. What does that mean for our customers? We do our best to help YOU! Our core team has been in place for many years. Our GM has been with us nearly 30 years! That is just one example, but many are over 10 years, some nearly 20 years. That is a LOT of experience in place to help our customers. Our daily focus is on taking care of a problem you didn’t want to have to deal with and making the process as simple as possible.
Our production team is on call 24/7/365. Yes, even holidays. This past weekend, 1/1/2022 we dispatched crews for 3 separate water losses. Our crews didn’t complete work on the last job until 1AM on 1/2/22! Not only is SERVPRO committed to having the best staff in the business, we are committed to being the best servants for our community here in Central Florida.
Another thing that really sets us apart is our ability to call in reinforcements. Because of our franchise system we have the backing of thousands of other offices. From personnel to equipment we are always ready to offer help to our sister franchises, and that same willingness is extended from the other franchises to us, making it so that no matter what, we can take care of your situation.
Our team of emergency responders may not be busy saving lives, but we are busy saving homes and businesses one job at a time. We make “Like it never even happened” happen.
Contributed by Christen Albert, our Customer Support Coordinator.
What to Do or Not Do After A Water Damage
“I have a water damage in my home. Can you help me?” No homeowner wants to make that call, but it unfortunately happens to many. Once you’ve made the call to SERVPRO of West Orange, what can you do?
Thankfully our staff is trained to walk you through the job process and offer some tips you can use to help mitigate your loss while you wait on our crews to arrive. Here is a list of some of do’s and don’ts that might also help.
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the source of water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shocks hazards.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining.
- Leave Oriental rugs or other colored rugs on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, possibly causing electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Use TV’s or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Rest assured these tips will help you begin to mitigate your loss while our team of IICRC certified technicians is on the way. Please feel free to call us anytime at 407-352-1569.
SERVPRO-Faster to YOUR Disaster
When a storm hits what do you do? First things first, secure your family. Next-assess your home. Once you see the damage who do you call? Who is the best? Who can reach you the fastest?
SERVPRO is uniquely set up to manage storm response on a massive scale. That means that we can get to YOU and your home faster than others. Teams from all over the country will mobilize to support our community in a time of need. All of our teams adhere to the same high standards so that we can always provide excellent service. We have the right equipment, procedures and training to make sure your home or business is dry the first time, saving you time and money.
SERVPRO of West Orange is “Here to Help”-any day, anytime, anywhere. Feel free to save our phone number so you have easy access to us when you need us-407-352-1569.
Storm Preparation is Key
Central Florida is well known for storm season. We are all familiar with the steps we need to take to prepare our homes and businesses, but a little reminder never hurts! Here is a list of tips from FEMA-the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
For your Home:
- Cover all of your home’s windows with precut plywood or hurricane shutters to protect your windows from high winds.
- Plan to bring in all outside furniture, decorations, garbage cans and anything else that is not tied down.
- Keep all trees and shrubs well trimmed so they are more wind resistant.
- Turn off utilities if/when instructed. Otherwise, turn the refrigerator thermostat to its coldest setting and keep its doors closed.
- Turn off propane tanks.
- Ensure a supply of water for sanitary purposes such as cleaning and flushing toilets. Fill the bathtub and other large containers with water.
For your Business:
- Carefully assess how your company functions, both internally and externally, to determine which staff, materials, procedures, and equipment are absolutely necessary to keep the business operating.
- Identify operations critical to survival and recovery.
- Plan what you will do if your building is not accessible. Can you run the business from a different location or your home?
- Develop relationships with other companies to use their facilities in case a disaster makes your location unusable.
SERVPRO of West Orange is “Here to Help” after the storm passes.
Flooded Streets in Magic Kingdom!
Lake Buena Vista Florida-Home of Disney’s Magic Kingdom and your friendly neighborhood SERVPRO office, SERVPRO of West Orange. Here in the Lake Buena vista area we are all very familiar with afternoon thunderstorms. In fact, most people joke about how crazy our weather is. It can be hot and sunny one minute and the next we could be standing in a torrential downpour, quickly returning to the insane hot and humid we all know and some of us love.
Last week we were hit by one of these famous downpours. It caused some flooding to some of the streets in Magic Kingdom. Park guests made the best of it. Kids were seen splashing in the water as their parents watched from the cover of the closest buildings. Thankfully no damage has been reported to the park itself.
Sometimes these kinds of storms can lead to interior damage of buildings and homes. If you ever find yourself in need of assistance after a storm please call us at 407-352-1569. Your restoration professionals here at SERVPRO of West Orange would be happy to help you get everything cleaned back up and dried out so you can move on to playing in the rain again, just like those kids at Magic Kingdom!
What Can you Expect from SERVPRO of West Orange after a Hurricane?
SERVPRO of West Orange is vigilant during storm season and is Here to Help after the storm passes.
Living in Central Florida has its advantages. Beautiful communities like Windemere, Bay Hill, and Isleworth surround.We are close to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, and the many beautiful natural attractions-springs and beaches-awesome multi-cultural restaurants, and the I-4 Eyesore. Ok, that last one is a joke! We are also very familiar with hurricane season. While we may not always be in the major cone, we often experience some severe weather associated with these major storms. Here at SERVPRO we are available immediately by phone, and once it is safe for our crews to be on the road we will dispatch them to you. What can you expect if you call us?
- Our staff will answer your call. Our staff is trained for these situations. We believe that it is imperative for you to speak to us directly, not our answering service during times of disaster. Our phones are answered by staff for the initial days after a storm event so that we can best serve our community.
- Be prepared to answer a few questions. We need to gather some information for our technicians so that they can be properly prepared to help you. This means we need to understand what areas of damage you’re currently seeing. Do you have water and power? Do you need a roof tarp or board up? All of these are critical questions. We know that you are concerned about your family and your home. We are too. We want to do the best job for you.
- We will advise you of what is generally expected regarding payment. Some insurance companies operate differently during a storm event. They may advise that we collect payment up front, or they may advise that we wait to collect. Either way, you can be sure that we will be up front and clear with you about what to expect regarding pricing at the time of your service.
- Calls are dispatched to crews as soon as possible. While we wish we could get to everyone immediately it is physically not possible. We do however have the power of SERVPRO behind us. While we are busy working with customers on the phone we know that our SERVPRO team from around the country is on the way to back us up. We generally have additional crews in the area within hours. Our goal at SERVPRO is always to serve our community, and we have the backing of over 1,000 other offices to help us accomplish that!
- Safety is our top priority. Please make sure to let us know about downed trees or power lines around you if you are aware of them. Our crews typically are in large trucks. We will do everything in our power to get to you as quickly and safely as possible.
We hope that our communities stay safe this hurricane season, but if you need us we are Here to Help!